Welcome to South Shore Veterinary Care! How may we serve you?
If you are one of our important regular clients, welcome back. If you are new to our veterinary practice, we can't wait to see you here in beautiful Kihei Maui!
Ask a question or schedule an appointment by e-mail any time, and we will get back to you by the end of the next business day.
We are happy to speak to you directly- we are very friendly- so give us a call! Want to see for yourself? Stop by for a personal tour here in Kihei Maui.
For those wondering about what makes South Shore different from the veterinary clinics on the island of Maui, we'll get you up to speed in just a second. Meanwhile, since you are here...what can this website offer you?
Take a while to look around. There are some fascinating free pet health reports and videos you can access on the left. Take a virtual practice tour from the comfort of your home by clicking here. If you like ongoing entertainment, check our the blog (upper right).
We offer a completely free NEWSLETTER with intriguing and informative pet information and special VIP gifts and drawings for our members. The link is on the upper right of this page. Member sign up is free and confidential, of course. Your are cordially invited to sign up and check it out!
Now, what is South Shore Veterinary Care about? What can I expect?
"We love South Shore! They recognize that pets are members of our families and, as a result, they don't just take care of our dog - they take care of us, too. They always make time to answer any questions we have. They're wonderful about follow-up - particularly after any procedure or treatment - and the team is incredibly compassionate and caring. Perhaps most important, we feel 100% confident in the quality of care that South Shore provides. They clearly stay up to speed on current developments in veterinary medicine and we know that we're in good hands."
The Burke Family (Kihei, HI)
Once upon a time, an idea was born to become the best veterinary hospital on the island. We realized that to have happy pets and people, we had to be the best. So, it we adopted a mission: provide the BEST FOR PETS. Here's how-
1. The Veterinarians are very experienced (they each have 14-20 years of real experience in the trenches and all have established their own practices. No newbies here!).
2. Special courtesies for Seniors! Senior Discount Thursday and every other day too!
"My Hoosker was just seen today at South Shore Veterinary Care. I feel that they handled him very well. We had an excellent experience. What I liked most about our visit is knowing that my pet is well cared for and for George letting me know about the Senior discounts!"
Shelly Young (Kihei, HI)
3. Focus is placed on making sure that the root of your pet's health problems is properly addressed. This way you can enjoy your pet's healthier disease-free life, instead of just applying "band-aid" type treatments.
4. We offer special expertise. We have the only board certified critical care specialist on the island. We have the only surgical laser for less painful surgery. We offer acupuncture and dental treatments. We have the only published veterinary author. We are the only practice that offers Neoplasene cancer care. We pay special attention to senior pets and those with chronic issues. We use ultrasafe anesthetic protocols. And of course, we are a full service veterinary practice for all pets in Kihei and elsewhere on Maui.
"Jack was just seen today, and was handled excellently. I really felt good about our experience and trusted what the doctor was telling me. I liked the thoroughness of the orthopedic exam (not a rush to do surgery like another doctor wanted to do), and really trusted Dr. Dressler's recommendations on Jack's injured leg."
John Simmons (Kihei, HI)
5. We offer the original Immediate Release Pet Rabies Quarantine Liaison service. We help you with everything you need for travel in (or return with your pet to Maui, Hawaii) without pet quarantine time! Read our quarantine review on Yelp here!
6. The treatment plans presented to you are the most current. The Doctors meet regularly to review the most cutting edge therapies available, and the whole support staff is trained 3 hours every single week! This insures that each of your questions will be answered fully, and your pet's age and breed unique health needs will be addressed.
7. Attention is given to areas that will extend your pets life in the long term, not only today. Diet, supplements, and overall well-being are important to boost overall vitality and health too! These are now recognized as important parts of current health and treatment plans.
"They always handle my pets with wonderful professionalism and care. They explore every aspect of my pets' health."
Kinnie Hanson (Kihei, HI)
8. Care is given to AVOID over-vaccination. (Published data now shows vets have done this and that it carries real negative health impact.) Side effects should never be ignored.
9. The life quality of our patients is critical. The most current pain control is always delivered. All of our anesthetized patients get IV fluids for faster recovery and health. The safest treatments and medications are used. Monitoring during procedures is similar to what are used in human operating rooms.
10. Last but not least, we give you the best care, our valued clients! Our Doctors and Staff are trained continually to give you the best. You are the lifeblood of our practice. Without you, we wouldn't exist.
"We feel that South Shore Vet Care is the most efficient, cost effective and competent office we have been to. Everyone is very knowledgeable and you get the correct answer no matter to whom you talk. "
Nikki and Molly Murawski (Kihei, HI)
So call us today. We are looking forward to seeing you and your loved pets at our practice!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the quality of service and care I received today at South Shore Veterinary Clinic. Every one was exceptionally attentive to not only our dogs, but to me as well
Chuck, Lisa, Ipo and Koa Burke!
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Request an appointment today!Request Now
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.Read More
Featured ArticlesAll About Shedding: Is My Pet Shedding Too Much?
Does your pet leave piles of hair behind everywhere he or she goes? Although all dogs and cats shed, excessive shedding may be a sign of a health problem or a grooming issue. Fortunately, shedding ...View Article From Dalmations to Siberian Huskies: How the Big (and Little) Screen Influences Pet Fads
Pottery Barn experienced a run on apothecary tables after "Friends'" character Rachel Green bought one for her apartment in a popular episode of the TV series. Viewers decided that if the table lo ...View Article Does Your Cat Have a Grooming Problem?
Good grooming comes naturally to most cats. They diligently lick their fur multiple times per day, ensuring that their coats look sleek and healthy no matter what the season. When your normally we ...View Article Taurine: The Amino Acid Essential to Your Cat's Health
If you've ever taken a close look at the small print on a bag or can of cat food, you've probably noticed that taurine is among the list of ingredients. Taurine is an amino acid that helps keep yo ...View Article Can I Catch an Illness from My Pet?
Rabies isn't the only disease transmitted from animals to humans. In fact, you and your pet may share more diseases than you may realize. Fortunately, it's easy to avoid these diseases or conditio ...View Article How to Tell Your Pet's Age From Its Teeth
Do you know your pet's age? If you adopted your furry friend, his or her age may be a mystery. Fortunately, a quick look in your pet's mouth can help you narrow down a general age range.View Article